Merciless
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A premiere collection of players, one success at a time

Merciless :: Main :: News

Go down

A premiere collection of players, one success at a time Empty A premiere collection of players, one success at a time

Post  Asada Fri May 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Welcome to WTF is PVE, a collection of some of the most accomplished PvP'ers within the Battlegroup. Although not completely devoid of of PVE experiences, this guild's main focus is inherently combat vs real people rather than against scripted content. So, while the website is being setup and organized, lets talk about the goals and direction of the guild.

First and foremost, the aim is to become the most successful PvP guild on Frostmourne, being among the most competitive in the Battlegroup and all of WoW. To accomplish this, there are both guild priorities and individual goals that must be accomplished. We'll begin by looking at the individual aspect and the right path to success. In my time as a multi-Rank 1 Gladiator, many things changed amongst my playstyle and Arena team compositions, but several things always stayed the same:

1) Practice, practice, practice perfect practice. Practice does not make perfect; perfect practice makes perfect. What this means is that if you are in a routine that may not be the most efficient, practicing that method will not obtain the most efficient results. How can you practice perfect? It all begins before you even log into the game. Websites like Skill Capped, Warcraft Movies, and even YouTube will reveal a collection of videos, insights, and playstyles that you can use to fine tune your character. Even using the WoW Armory to look at specific builds of players who have demonstrated success in the past will give you the edge over a talent and equipment set you may be utilizing.

2) Gearing and Gemming your character to the max. Whether you have last seasons gear or the most up-to-date gear on the market, you always want to gem and enchant your character to the very best of your ability. Just to show you an example, my rogue obtained Gladiator in Season 3 wearing Season 1 gear, but enchanted to the max, as shown here . See what is on my daggers? Mongoose x2 Back then, those were very expensive enchants and even though I had Season 1 gear during Season 3, I needed to do anything to obtain an edge. (yes, I realize the video is bad, but before I started submitting to Warcraft Movies, I made crappy rough drafts, but the point remains).

3) Utilizing Macros, Keybinds, and Focus Targets. One of the most effective ways to improve gameplay is to use macros for certain abilities, especially on your focus target. Looking up what macros and current for your character is a surefire way to both save time and minimize reaction time. Having Counterspell close at hand to use when your focus target is casting a heal is a lot faster than trying to look for a healer casting, manually clicking them, then pressing Counterspell. A very effective way to switch between Arena targets is using the macros /target Arena1, /target Arena2, and so forth. This eliminates you having to manually click or tab through different targets. For example, I might DoT up a target, use Soul Swap, then press my /target Arena2 macro and hit Soul Swap again to quickly tranfer my DoTs in a combat situation.

4) Research what the best do. Its no shame or dishonor to follow the best player in your class. When I made a rogue, I used to watch every PvP video made by Neilyo and Akrios. I watched how they played, reacted, and used their abilities. My irl friend plays a dwarf hunter. He used to watch all the hunters that posted in Warcraft Movies. Now he is one of the highest rated hunters for both the Alliance and the Horde
in the world. By getting a visual and mental image of successful playstyles, you will have the mindset to copy and play out an accomplished gameplan.

5) Get out there and fight. Whether its throwing yourself in a Battleground and seeking out impossible, no-win fights to engage in to improve your survivability routine, or doing random Arenas for practice, putting yourself in constant combat is the only way to truly get better. Yes, duels can improve some skills, but there is a reason why Arenas and Rated Battlgrounds don't not have a 1 v 1 option: you need to practice and fight in a team situation. We at WTF is PvE have Wargames, Team BG's, and No Rating Required RBG's to assist in this function.

Finally, I wanted to add that having PvP music is among the best methods to improve play. I kid you not. You are meant to be a merciless killing machine, so why are you listening to Celine Dion while you BG? Play something in the background that gets the blood flowing. Ever notice that many PvP'ers have Techno/Dance/Heavy Metal music when the record videos? It gets you in the mindframe to get out there Hk your way to victory.

This is just the first of many articles, but in the meantime, welcome to the guild and I look forward to seeing you on the field!

-Asada
Asada
Asada

Back to top Go down

Merciless :: Main :: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum