Merciless
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules of the Road

Go down

Rules of the Road Empty Rules of the Road

Post  Asada Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:07 pm

A good afternoon to all, and to all a good afternoon.

Something I have noticed with our RBG teams is how effective they can be during any given night. Many a time I have seen undefeated sessions against some very good opponents. However, a common concern shared by many is the consistency of the play and organization. More specifically, one issue that we want to address are players not showing up for game time after they have signed up or notified a Team Captain that they would be available.
So, in order to make the gameplay more enjoyable for others and to increase participation, if you sign up for an RBG and don't show up without notifying your Team Captain or GM, then the first instance you will be given a caution. The second time, you will be removed from the team and unable to participate in a team unless you organize one yourself. Imagine being all primed a ready to go, you making the effort to be online...and your FC or heals doesnt show. What then? You all know how hard it is to PUG players from the realm, and reliable ones? Even more so.

If you do become a reliable player, what you expect? Besides participating on amazing teams and gaining your rating and possibly a mount after only 75 wins, core players will receive free enchants and gems (while supplies last) for their gear. The Guild has your best interest in mind, and your developing synergy with your team is the #1 key to RBG success. Thats how I did it and you will, too.

Additionally, if you have an interest in becoming a Team Captain, let me know. We can help you form a team and the sky is the limit. Remember, as I just stated: the greatest reason for RBG success is developing a positive, great working relationship with those around you.

About MMR:

Interestingly enough, it take very little to obtain high ratings, or more notably, the 2200 rating threshold to unlock Tier 2 weapons and armor. If our teams go undefeated or lose but a game or two here and there, imagine of the contained the same players day in and day out. They would have had their 2200 rating, or very close, by now. Not to bring mathematics into the fold, but there is a point on the 'upward curve' of ratings where you will gain very little rating for a few matches while your Matchmaking Rating (MMR) is equalizing out. You could say that MMR is an estimated rating you will reach in the future if you keep going the way you’re doing at that moment. The difference is that MMR starts at a higher number to make your first few matches more fair. The great thing about this system is that no matter how bad a player you are, you will always achieve a 50% winrate, just like a player running at 2.2k rating. That way everyone can enjoy playing Arena at their own level

To sum it up: MMR is your rating that displays the level of difficulty you’re playing at, and Rating change is based purely on the enemy's MMR and the outcome of the match. The rating itself, however, doesn’t really indicate anything, except for the fact that it displays that you played on that particular level for some time. However, it is the MMR that matters, and the rating just follows.

MMR Q & A(courtesy of Dalrian):

Where can I see my Match Making Rating?

-You can see your MMR in the score sheet after you finished an arena match. This screen displays amongst others the names of the players, the dmg and healing done etc, but at the bottom right corner it will display the average MMR of your team, and of the enemy. This will usually be a number somewhere in between 800-2500, where 800 is fairly low and 2500 very high.

Why do I only gain less than 20 rating when I win, while the enemy gains close to 100 rating every win?

-That is because their teamrating is lower than their MMR, while your MMR and rating are already about equal. When you start a new team, you'll be at 0 rating but at a much higher MMR, meaning that you'll gain 96 rating every win until you start getting close to your MMR.

Why does my MMR go up or down so much faster/slower than that of other teams?

-When you are new to a certain bracket, your MMR will change quite fast, so you don't have to play a lot of games at the wrong level of difficulty.
When you have already played quite a few arena matches, you will see it change a bit slower, because you have already proven to be worthy of the MMR you are at at that given time.
This is the personal MMR, so it doesn't matter whether you're new to a team. This only happens when you first start playing arena after MMR was reset, and that difference will be there in approximately your first 50 matches.

So, if you have any questions, comments or concerns, just let me know Smile

~ Asada
Asada
Asada

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum